The design of the sleeping room is characterized by a minimum amount of furniture. The room is concise, functional and spacious. Free space allows you to add the necessary items and contributes to a good rest. In order for the bedroom to meet all the requirements of the residents, you should first decide on the stylistic direction. Below we have collected for you more than 50 photo ideas for a modern bedroom that will help you see how your room will look in one way or another.
A variety of styles allows you to choose the right bedroom interior for every taste. In each of the directions there are defining elements and colors.
A neoclassical style bedroom will appeal to lovers of elegant luxury. The direction involves the use of expensive materials (leather, marble, granite, natural wood). Characteristic features of the style are arches, columns, borders, stucco and clear lines. Materials of soothing tones are chosen as ceiling and wall coverings. Ideal for bedrooms with high ceilings.
The eco-style room is distinguished by natural colors and natural materials. The bedroom will be bright, spacious and soft. Natural materials will give a sense of calm, contributing to maximum relaxation. A great option for those families who share a bedroom with children.
At the heart of this style are clear graphic lines and shiny metallic surfaces. Furniture items are simple and functional. When choosing the color of finishes and textiles, preference is given to white, black and gray colors, diluted with green, gray, red and yellow elements.
With a heavy workload in everyday life, the place of rest should maximize relaxation and rest. In this case, a minimalist bedroom is the best option. The minimum amount of functional furniture, gray-black colors with a bright accent do not load the space and make it comfortable.
The distinctive features of the Scandinavian-style bedroom are deliberately rough wood and exclusively natural materials. The room is bright, comfortable and spacious. Light-colored paint is often used for wall decoration, and laminate is used as flooring. You can revive the interior with the help of fluffy rugs or patchwork bedspreads.
The youth style of the bedroom must meet several requirements: be comfortable, original, functional and spacious.
Such an interior is not loaded with unnecessary details and involves the use of metal, glass and plastic. An additional advantage will be the presence of a small amount of wood and textiles.
There are no restrictions on the choice of color in the youth bedroom: someone prefers bright shades, and someone likes contrasting strict combinations of black and white. A characteristic feature of the youth bedroom are modern gadgets, transformer furniture, unusual poufs, a water mattress, hand-made decor.
Creating a loft-style bedroom involves covering the walls with rough plaster or brickwork. Such an interior is based on the contrast of cold colors and textures, home-made and original decor elements, the presence of large high window openings and maximum free space. For finishing the ceiling, a gray board and painting in white are optimal.
The combination of different materials, oriental and antique elements makes this style indispensable when decorating a bedroom for creative people. A wide comfortable bed, massive decorative elements and accessories are quite acceptable in such an interior. When choosing a finish color, you should pay attention to orange, blue, purple and green tones.
The Art Nouveau bedroom draws attention with its sophistication, smooth lines, and plastic shapes. An interesting combination of materials (plastic, glass, stone, wood) and an unlimited number of color schemes allow you to choose the bedroom in the Art Nouveau style individually.
The variety of directions in the interior will make the bedroom a place of rest in accordance with any requirements.
Choice of colors
Not only the general perception of the interior, but also the emotional background of the residents depends on the choice of color design. There are several color options preferred for a modern bedroom:
- A white bedroom is an unchanging classic that will always be fashionable. White tones can be both basic and as a background for other shades. Correctly placed light accents will help to get rid of the feeling of a hospital ward. This color can become the main one in the style of minimalism, or additional in any other interior.
- In a modern bedroom, decorated in black, it is easy to create a feeling of comfort and intimacy. So that the room does not seem gloomy, it is worth considering in advance the option of placing dark color accents. If there is a large area, it is permissible to paint one of the walls with black paint. If the room is small, it is enough to choose a black bed, which will become the main element of the interior.
- Gray tones in the design will help the owner to relax and enjoy a calm, deep sleep. Giving preference to pale shades, it is necessary to correctly select furniture, focusing on it. A gray bedroom will not seem boring if you dilute the interior with bright textiles and accessories.
- The beige color scheme is distinguished by a variety of shades – from milky to coffee. Each of them makes the bedroom special, but always cozy, warm and calm. For lovers of experiments, a combination of beige tones with contrasting colors is suitable.
- Bright elements in the sleeping room are essential to liven up the pastel walls and flooring. The presence of color paintings, textiles or accessories will add color and save the room from excessive severity.
These are the basic color options that will never go out of style. Fans of extraordinary solutions and extravagance can decorate the bedroom in any other color they like.
Choosing furniture for a modern bedroom, you should give preference to modular models. They are easy to assemble, move and even modify. Do not clutter up the space: the room should be spacious and light. Built-in structures are optimally suited for solving this problem.
The central item in the bedroom – the bed is not only classic on four legs, but can also be a rather interesting item:
- Modular bed, consisting of several separate ottomans;
- Flexible design – a transformer that turns into a sofa and adapts to the curves of the human body;
- Japanese beds in the style of minimalism.
The bed can be equipped with a mechanism that allows you to slide it into a wall or closet. If the choice is made in favor of the classic model, you can experiment with the headboard by covering it with leather or adding metal details.
More information about where to put the bed in the room – https://desmyhome.ru/spalnja/kak-pravilno-postavit-krovat-v-spalne/
Storage areas (cupboards, chests of drawers) should not create a feeling of clutter. This requirement is met by glossy mirror facades that allow reflecting artificial light. If there is free space, you can provide a small dressing room, hidden behind a light screen.
In order to choose wallpaper for the bedroom, you will have to make a lot of effort. Therefore, we have prepared a series of articles in which we have collected all the useful tips from experienced designers.
The choice of textiles is of no small importance. Read about curtains and photos of new items in the interior in our article.
To follow fashion trends when decorating a bedroom, designers are advised to take into account a number of recommendations:
- Carpets or laminate can be used as flooring, but parquet remains the leader. It is environmentally friendly, durable, practical and beautiful in appearance. The safety of the material makes it indispensable for the bedroom.
- When choosing the color of the walls, the location of the windows is taken into account. For the southern room – cold shades, for the north – warm.
- For wall decoration, it is allowed to use wallpaper for painting imitating textiles, photo wallpaper and wood veneer panels.
- It is also not uncommon to use laminate on the walls. More about this here.
- As a ceiling covering for several years, the first place has been occupied by stretch fabrics, which can consist of several levels, depending on the height of the room.
When choosing decorative elements, you should be guided by your personal preferences, remembering that the bedroom should have a quiet and cozy atmosphere. The best option would be a fluffy rug, a beautiful mirror and original candlesticks. The main thing is to show a sense of proportion, and the sleeping room will fully meet its purpose.
Design of a modern bedroom in the photo
The examples below show the trendy interiors of this year. Popular trends and bright accents make these projects interesting to implement in your own apartment.