A sliding wardrobe not only helps to store things, but also serves as a central design element in the hallway. With a competent approach, it can be used to adjust the geometry of the room, visually increasing the available area.
Features of the built-in wardrobe
A built-in closet is usually installed in place of the former pantry, or it occupies the entire wall up to the ceiling.
Its design is quite simple. And often does without the back and side walls. This is good because you are, in fact, buying only a facade. And the internal content depends only on your preferences, habits and dimensions of the stored things.
The compartment system includes the top and bottom profile as guides on which the cabinet doors ride. Due to the fact that they move left and right in the same plane, there is plenty of room for incoming guests to safely take off their outerwear and change shoes.
In private houses, where, at the request of the owners, you can make a spacious entrance hall, sometimes you need to install the side walls of the cabinet to fit it into the existing room. In this case, it is usually built into a single complex with a chest of drawers, a bench and open hangers for accessories.
The advantage of built-in furniture is that you really use every inch of interior space. Spiders do not settle and do not breed behind the back wall. There are no ugly narrow gaps in which it is so difficult to maintain cleanliness and order. You control the condition of the walls. If they suddenly start to get damp, you can dry them in time by simply opening the cabinet and letting in a stream of warm air.
You can purchase powerful retractable storage systems. Because they will not be attached to a 2 mm fiberboard sheet, but to a strong and durable wall.
It would seem that it is simpler: install the facade from wall to wall and that’s it, the cabinet is ready. But it was not there. Designers have developed many options for even such a simple design.
- Sliding wardrobe with one side. It occurs in situations where the storage system is located in the corner of the room. In this case, the wall is longer than the cabinet. And the owners want to leave a small niche for a bench where you can sit down to change shoes.
- Built into a single complex. This option has already been mentioned above.
- With mezzanines. It is far from always desirable to show guests the things stored on the topmost shelf. In this case, the cabinet has an upper shelf-ceiling, for which separate facades are made. In some projects, you can find an original solution when mezzanines are hung over the front doors. In such interiors, every centimeter of the hallway is used to the maximum.
- All over the wall. The classic option is when the closet takes up all the space along the blank wall of the hallway.
- With niches. Between the doors there can be a niche in which you can put a bench or chest of drawers. Hanger for hats and bags, housekeeper, etc.
- Around the corner If the width of the corridors allows, then the closet can go around the wall and smoothly flow into the hall.
- Angular and radius. Suitable for spacious rooms, because the diagonal facade eats up a lot of space. The filling is located along two walls. Therefore, to justify the fencing of an unused area can only be the desire to fill a clear void. The use of shelves adjacent to the facade is difficult due to the triangular shape. In radial projects, this inconvenience manifests itself to a lesser extent. With a concave shape of the facades, there is more space in the hallway.
- Trapezoidal. They have two side walls. They are a type of corner. The straight line of the facade simplifies the process of replacing them. Instead of contacting a specialized workshop, it is enough to buy suitable doors at any furniture store.
The size of the cabinet depends on your preference. The width of the sliding doors is from 40 to 80 cm. The average size is 60 cm.
The width of the storage system depends on the number of doors. The minimum number is two, and more than 5 are divided into separate sections, alternating them with niches.
The height is limited only by the ceiling. Of course, the cabinet does not have to be the entire wall. It may be lower. It all depends on the interior design and the effect that the designer wants to achieve.
- Straight forms are easily made from chipboard, MDF, plastic and any other sheet material. (Here read “What is chipboard in furniture, transcript”)
- For facades, colored glass is often used, which can be translucent or frosted.
- Mirrored doors create the illusion of a deep perspective and visually double the space. Thanks to them, the light output of the walls is enhanced, and the light bulbs shine brighter.
- Curvilinear forms are made of MDF or tempered glass.
- For MDF and chipboard, laminated film is used. It is able to create high-quality imitation of natural materials: leather, wood, stone, etc.
- Glass doors are sandblasted. Thanks to the combination of matte and glossy surfaces, a unique pattern is created.
- Triplex makes it possible to use photo printing and place a film with an image between two glasses. This reliably protects the picture and protects it from damage.
- Photo printing can also be applied directly to sheet material. In this case, a special wide-format printer is used.
- Printing on self-adhesive film. A common technique, thanks to which you can inexpensively and beautifully arrange a closet. However, in this case, you need to be extremely careful with the facade so that accidental scratches do not destroy the beauty.
In addition, designers use simple tricks.
- Breakdown of the plane by vertical and horizontal stripes.
- A combination of materials with different textures and colors.
First of all, you should ask yourself a simple question: what will be stored in this closet?
- What kind of outerwear? Her length. If you do not wear a long coat and raincoats, then it is better to take part of the closet under the jackets for something else.
- How many shoes are in your wardrobe? Put it together and meticulously evaluate the real volume. Use compact wire systems to optimize storage. They are designed to accommodate a large number of pairs and at the same time take up as little space as possible in the closet.
- Hats and caps. Knitwear does not like hangers. For him, it is better to take a separate shelf. Felt can put up with hooks. Still, the best place for hats is a shelf.
- Gloves and belts. They are conveniently stored in narrow drawers or on shelves in organizer cells.
- Umbrellas. This is a separate story, because the popular cane umbrellas are difficult to put on a standard shelf. For them, it is better to make a separate holder in the form of a basket. Even an ordinary PVC pipe, the size of a third of the length of an umbrella, can greatly facilitate this issue. For folding models, a drawer or a low shelf is enough.
- Cosmetics. It is convenient to fix your hair and makeup when leaving the house if everything you need is at hand. For this, one or two shelves are enough, and preferably drawers with convenient organizers. So that each item easily sailed into your hands.
- A vacuum cleaner. These long hoses, handles want to be laid compactly so that they do not interfere. To do this, screw the holders for the drawbar, hoses and nozzles to the wall. All. Now you have perfect order in your closet.
Of course, many more items can be stored in the closet, from slow cookers to balls and fishing rods. Just make a list and give each item its own place.
For outerwear, stationary bars are usually used. They are good for down jackets, fur coats and coats.
In narrow niches, it is better to install retractable holders. They are attached to the shelf above and slide out along the guide. So you provide compact storage for jackets, jackets, raincoats.
Shoes can be stored in specially equipped drawers, shelves, carousel columns, just on shelves and in folding compartments.
If the boxes are transparent, it is easy to navigate what lies where. Men like it, because at first glance it is clear where to look for the right thing.
The pantograph helps to optimize space and store clothes on high bars. It is enough to take the pantograph in the handle, as the desired objects fall directly into your hands. Outerwear has a solid weight. Therefore, the device is equipped with gas lift closers.
As you can see, buying a good wardrobe is quite difficult. It is much easier to make it, taking into account your lifestyle, habits, the amount of things stored and individual preferences. In this case, the hallway will be as comfortable as a glove on your hand.
Having installed the built-in wardrobe in the hallway, it remains to think over the rest of the corridor design. To do this, we have prepared a special article in which we talked about modern hallway design innovations – https://desmyhome.ru/prihozhaja/dizajn-prihozhih-v-kvartire-sovremennye-idei-trendy-novinki-goda/
Photo of wardrobes in the interior of the hallway