Modern ideas of experienced designers will help you choose the best option for wallpapering the corridor in the apartment. Below we will look at the most important aspects that will help make your interior trendy and interesting. Namely, what are the wallpapers for the hallway, how they can be combined, matched to the color of the door and more. All this is illustrated in the photo examples.
What is wallpaper made from?
According to the use of materials, wallpaper can be divided into natural and synthetic.
Natural wallpapers include:
- Paper ones have a wide range of colors, but they are very short-lived, react poorly to external influences, and are afraid of mechanical damage and water.
- There are several types of cork: in rolls; panel 300×600 mm. They are stronger than paper, they are well painted, cleaned, washed.
- Bamboo appeared relatively recently. Although bamboo is a grass, not a tree, it is as strong as wood. They are made from split plates glued to a synthetic base. They are supplied in rolls of various widths. They don’t have a wide range of colors.
- Fabric wallpaper is a well-known way of decorating walls. They consist of a woven synthetic backing with a glued fabric. There are thousands of colors and shades and there will be no problems with the choice.
Natural wallpaper does not have a large range of colors and a short service life. They cannot be washed or cleaned.
Artificial wallpapers are presented in the following list:
- Non-woven are smooth and embossed. They differ from paper in high density and strength, are resistant to water and can be repainted several times. They are made by embossing between rollers, applying the necessary relief pattern.
- Vinyl stands separately in quality, practicality and colors. Despite the fact that vinyl is a child of great chemistry, this type of wallpaper has earned popularity among consumers. They are strong, durable and wash well. They have a large number of patterns and shades.
- Acrylic in their structure resemble vinyl. But the manufacturing technology is different. Foamed acrylic is applied to the paper base in a dotted manner. They have good resistance to mechanical damage. They wash well with synthetic detergents cheaper than vinyl ones.
- Fiberglass is made from molten glass threads that are then woven into canvas on looms. They have a clear repeating geometric pattern. They are meant to be painted. There are no restrictions on service life.
- Metallized ones are made of paper-based aluminum foil and have excellent consumer properties. They are durable, look spectacular, and are easy to clean from dirt. The disadvantage can be considered a slight vulnerability of the surface from scratches and mechanical stress.
- Liquid wallpaper is, in essence, a synthetic plaster that is applied to a wall primed with KMS glue. They are very decorative, durable and easy to repair. More details about them – https://desmyhome.ru/oboi/zhidkie-oboi-v-interere-obychnoj-kvartiry/
- Wall mural are paper or vinyl. In terms of structure and strength, they inherited the properties of their predecessors. It is quite suitable for finishing the hallway or corridor.
Synthetic wallpapers have thousands of options. They are well washed with synthetic surface care products, are not afraid of acids and alkalis.
The play of light and shadow
Artificial lighting predominates in the hallway and corridor. Therefore, not only the color of the wallpaper plays an important role, but also the light falling from the chandelier or sconce. In addition to these nuances, one must remember about the overall design of the apartment. You can not move from the industrial style to the Renaissance and vice versa. The design of the hallway should be in harmony with the design of the common room, kitchen, bedroom.
For small rooms, plain wallpaper of discreet gray, brown, beige tones is suitable. It should be borne in mind that plain wallpaper can have a complex texture and deep relief. Thanks to relief patterns due to light and shadow, you can achieve a good design effect.
Contrasting vertical stripes look good enough without additional decor. They enhance the impression of large volume in small rooms.
Pastel colors in the interior
Pastel colors bring peace and tranquility. On plain pastel colors, bright decor accents will look good.
Horizontal or vertical drawings?
Vertical and horizontal patterns can be repeating plants or trees.
Rhythmically repeating ornaments are applicable in the hallway. They divert attention from other items: doors, cabinets, hangers, clothes.
Wallpaper with rich vibrant colors
Wallpaper with rich color, large repeating patterns are suitable for large rooms with contrasting colors of ceiling or floor skirting boards, doors.
Large, bright, repeating pattern
Wallpaper with a light background and a large repeating pattern is suitable for large hallways. Against their background, bright spots of scenery look great: paintings, watches.
Plant and flower ornaments
Floral and floral ornaments can be large and small in a variety of colors and shades. The main thing is not to overdo it and pay attention to the color combination between furniture and walls. White furniture goes well with floral ornaments.
Oriental style is associated with China and Japan, although it is worth paying attention to the Arabic repeating ornaments. The eastern direction in design is characterized by a large number of decorative elements or their complete absence. Calm, pastel or neutral colors.
Wallpaper for the corridor, expanding the space
Next, let’s look at wallpaper options that visually increase the area of \u200b\u200bthe corridor. Using some tricks, designers get great solutions.
Wallpaper with vertical stripes visually increase the height of the space. They are wide or narrow, with dark or light stripes. The play of narrow, light and dark stripes creates the impression of perspective.
Wide stripes should be used in large hallways and corridors. They will add volume to the room.
Horizontal light and dark stripes will add volume to the room. They should be used in narrow, small spaces. In very narrow corridors, choose stripes with alternating white. White color will visually increase the volume.
Wide or narrow stripes
Narrow stripes in the interior date back to the era of classicism. Therefore, use narrow stripes in interiors close to the classics: baroque, modern, postmodernism.
Wide horizontal, gray stripes are associated with modern design trends: industrial, hi-tech, minimalism, pop art.
Combined wallpaper in the hallway
Learning how to combine different colors of wallpaper is an art. First of all, you need to take into account the overall interior of the room and make a harmonious tandem. Below are photos of the novelty of successful combinations on a light and dark background.
Read also about modern ideas for the hallway in the apartment – https://desmyhome.ru/prihozhaja/dizajn-prihozhih-v-kvartire-sovremennye-idei-trendy-novinki-goda/
Photo in the interior: wallpaper in the hallway under the bright doors
In the pastel interior of the corridor, where light doors and the floor have already been chosen, light wallpapers are usually chosen. It can be white wallpaper with a pattern.
Striped wallpaper will dilute a too light interior.
Wallpaper in two colors, where the trim around the door will highlight the entrance to the apartment.
Monochromatic wallpaper, with interesting decor items.
trendy option, gray wallpaper under the white door.
Wallpaper for dark doors
A dark door involves wallpapering a few tones lighter.
In a dark interior use a dark finish.