The household market offers a huge selection of refrigerators. Prices vary depending on the manufacturer, functions, dimensions and other parameters. Today we will try to figure out how to choose the right reliable and high-quality refrigerator, based on the ratings of 2018.
What is important to know first?
1. Decide what purpose you need a refrigerator for? From this already choose the chamber of this unit.
Single-chamber usually consist only of a refrigerating chamber. Sometimes a small freezer is built inside. The dimensions of such a refrigerator do not exceed 150 cm in length and 60 cm in width.
Two-chamber refrigerators are in the greatest demand, they have two chambers: a freezer and a refrigerator.
The temperature in the freezer is indicated in the form of snowflakes:
- * – 6 ° С you can store food for 1 week
- ** – 12 ° С to be maintained for a month
- *** -18 °C are stored for up to a year
Two-chamber refrigerators are of 4 types:
- with top freezer. Freezer measures approximately 60 x 60 cm.
- with bottom freezer. The sizes are the same.
- french door. (French type). The freezer is located at the bottom, above it is a double-leaf refrigerating chamber. Dimensions about 70 cm.
- side by side. (American type). The two cameras are placed side by side. They are the widest models, reaching 120 cm in width.
Multi-chamber refrigerators have several compartments. There is a freshness department, which helps the products to keep their properties in excellent condition. Food in this zone remains chilled, but not frozen.
2. What is the overall style of the kitchen. This is important to decide on the color. The standard choice is white, but there are also silver, red, beige, black.
3. What kind of refrigerator do you need: regular or built-in? It is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the kitchen furniture in order to clearly fit the new household appliance.
4. Dimensions? The refrigerator should contain all the necessary products that your family consumes.
5. It is worth considering the size of the doorway in the apartment. Since some modern Side-by-Side models can have dimensions up to 1 meter, up to 80 cm deep.
Compressor: classic or inverter
The classic has been on the market for a long time and has earned accolades from experts. Has the technology of stepped operation, controls the required temperature.
Inverter is a novelty in our market. Consumes less electricity, uses the method of smooth power switching.
Previously, manual defrosting was used, the modern refrigeration system uses:
- drip defrost. The “weeping wall” is formed due to moisture that flows down the wall of the chamber. For such a system, defrosting is needed, at least 1 time in half a year.
- no-frost system. The frost-free system does not form moisture due to air circulation and does not require regular defrosting. Moisture is collected in a specially designated place.
An important point to consider when buying. If the room is residential, the recommended noise level is 40 dB.
The more options a refrigerator has, the more it costs. So,
- Hidden handles. It is convenient to use if the refrigerator is in the aisle.
- Built-in clock. You can track the process of cooking or freezing.
- Antibacterial coating. With the help of silver ions, the walls of the chambers are cleaned.
- Automatic door closer. Makes life easier for families with children.
- Carbon filter. Eliminates unpleasant odors.
- Door open indicator. Makes a sound if the door is not tightly closed.
- Automatic cold storage. Keeps food fresh for a while after the power goes out.
- Super freeze. The air temperature in the freezer can drop sharply to 25-28 ° C, which allows you to save the beneficial properties of the products.
- Cold water supply. Water is collected in a special compartment in the refrigerator and cools down.
- Ice maker. Automatically creates ice in a special container.
Top 10 Refrigerator Manufacturers
Based on the choice of buyers in 2018 according to the Yandex market, a list of the most popular refrigerator manufacturers is presented:
- Mitsubishi Electric
Rating brands of refrigerators in 2018
After collecting more than 100 customer reviews, the top 5 inexpensive but durable refrigerators have been compiled. The rating included two-chamber refrigerators with dimensions of 60✕60✕200, costing up to 40,000 rubles.
NamePrice, thousand rublesCustomer reviewsPlusesConsATLANT ХМ 6025-03119-22
- Has a shelf for bottles
- Makes a sound when the door is not closed properly,
- Good budget model
- Few shelves on the door
- Defrost required
Liebherr Cef 402535-37
- comfortable handles,
- Visually beautiful touch screen,
- Smooth turning on of the backlight when opening
- The shelves are not protected by plastic along the edges,
- Manual defrost freezer
- Assembly Bulgaria,
- A tx-25 screwdriver is required to override the doors
BEKO RCNK 356 K00W
- Separate ice shelf in freezer
- simple classic look,
- No Frost in refrigerator and freezer
- knocking periodically,
- Inconvenient height adjustment
Indesit DS 320W
- Freezes well
- Keeps food fresh
- Simple and reliable
- The largest refrigerator up to 20 thousand rubles,
- No extra features
- No cage for eggs
- drip defrost system,
- No handles
Liebherr CN 4015
- Wide range of shelf adjustments
- Thoughtful space inside
- The fridge is drip and the freezer is No Frost,
- inverter compressor,
- Comfortable push handle
- No plastic smell
- The fan on top takes up space
- High price,
- No cool zone